4th Day of Trial

4 August 2017  
(Posted on 6 August 2017)

Thank you to all who came to Court in the past 4 days and to those who wrote to me to show your support. Thank you to all the donors who made the hearing possible.

The trial started on 1 August and ran to 4 August. The hearing will resume on 21 August 2017. This is to say that the 5th day of trial will be on 21 August 2017.

Earlier on, I stated that the trial dates were 1-4 August, then 18 August, then 21 August. The 18 August trial date is now cancelled, so the next hearing is on 21 August (morning only).

I am waiting for confirmation of the exact dates of the remaining days of trial for the 5th and 6th day of trial. In any case, the next trial date is confirmed on 21 August 2017.

Furthermore, I may need extra days for the trial. As matters stand, by the end of the 4th day, we are still at the stage of cross-examining the 1st of 6 NUS witnesses.

I had to be at the witness stand this morning for the last few issues to be cleared in cross-examination and re-examination. I was released from the witness stand at around 10.30 am.

What a demanding, stressful, three days and nights! But I survived.

Professor Lily Kong on the witness stand

Professor Lily Kong is the 1st of NUS' 6 witnesses. She took to the witness stand before 11 am and testified until the Court adjourned for lunch around 12.30 pm. 

 
A friend of mine, who was in the Court gallery in the morning, told me over lunch that Professor Kong appeared to be pushing away her responsibilities to her NUS colleagues. This became apparent to me in the afternoon. Unfortunately I cannot say more, except in these general terms.

Cross-examination continued after lunch to around 5.00 pm, with one or two breaks in between.

Cross-examination of Professor Kong will resume on 21 August 2017.

Rest this weekend

For me, the most gruelling part of the hearing is over
– the tormentous days standing in the witness box. But I will do it again if I have to.

I felt more light-hearted this evening, not withstanding that litigation is still ongoing, and I will fight to the end.

Thank you my friends.

Gratefully,
Jeanne
 




Popular posts from this blog

A 5-year Legal Battle with NUS

Lee Hsien Loong’s PAP Regime is “Rotting” According to the Reasoning of Heng Swee Keat

Lily Kong is the Perjurer; Wong Yunn Chii is the Plagiarist